Berlin is a tech metropolis, a hotspot for startups and at the same time a central location for crowdfunding actors in Europe. On 1 February 2014, the portal www.crowdfunding-berlin.com was launched; it shows an overview of current Berlin crowdfunding and crowdinvesting projects from ICT, media, the creative industries and cultural education. The website brings together the Berlin activities on the most important German and international platforms for the first time – from Startnext, Kickstarter and Indigogo to Companisto, FundedByMe and Seedmatch.
The portal is operated by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH on behalf and on the initiative of the Senate Department for Economic Affairs / Project Future. Over 140 projects have already been successfully completed since the beginning of the year via crowdfunding-berlin.com. We want to boost this development further.
The Berlin Senate Department for Economic Affairs supports the stronger use of crowdfunding and crowdinvesting and is committed to professionalising them as well as linking them to the federal state's public funding programmes. Crowdfunding and crowdinvesting are young financing instruments with a very rapidly growing market. The capital raised in Germany in 2013 amounted to 5.36 million euros for crowdfunding and 15 million euros for crowdinvesting.
- airfy Beacon – Smart home automation: Electronic device and app for automatic control of home devices and media in order to save energy.
- brabbl – Tool for the simple realisation of broad codetermination in society, in companies and in private.
- CAGEBOT – Modular home robot that you can build and program yourself using motors, sensors and energy sources.
- CHI-NESISCH – Learn Chinese in 3 months. Learning Chinese easily without investing a lot of time and money.
- Clicc-Solarprodukte – Mobile solar modules which can charge smartphones, etc. on the move and be combined with each other by means of Clicc systems.
- Energie-Check – The EnergieCheck app allows the collection and analysis of consumption data for heating energy, electricity and water, thereby helping to save energy.
- fraisr – Donations in online commerce: Software plugin allows selling for a good cause.
- Allversity – Non-profit-making learning platform offering courses on subjects such as health, agriculture and human rights.
- Knicket – Comfortable app search engine which helps users to find the most relevant apps.
- LUUV – A mobile camera stabilizer that allows shake-free video filming while moving.
- Multi-Steuerung U8 – Prototypical effects for model railways: The decoder can control all devices mounted on a model railway layout and provides realistic effects.
- PAYMEY 2 – Payment by smartphone: Money can be sent and received anytime and anywhere with the PAYMEY app.
- Pockethernet – Network and network cable testers for smartphones – the "Swiss army knife for network administrators".
- StreetArt Explorer – App for capturing, sharing and discovering street art.
- The Addison's Tales Storyworld – Interactive app for fun learning of English and music.
- Textile Hackerspace Berlin - "WeKnit4U" – Open experimentation laboratory with "hacked" knitting and sewing machines which enables software-supported needlework and the combination of textiles and electronics.
- PolyHat 1 – Multimedia Raspberry Pi HAT – Electronic construction set for the central control of home entertainment devices.
- FahrradJäger – Theft protection for bicycles via app and security module. Stolen bicycles are sought and found via networking and automatic web search (e.g. on eBay).
- Cumulus – Home automation solution: Electronic device for controlling household appliances.