„Duru is a colorful game about depression.“
The Games industry in Berlin leads the way in Germany with the strongest growth across the country:
- With its about 200 Games enterprises, central associations, institutions and special training locations, the capital has the most concentrated and most diverse Games industry in Germany.
- Traditionally, Berlin is home to a strong developer community, worldwide acting publishers and distributors, numerous Indie-studios as well as, for instance, service providers for advertising, paying systems, musical settings, localising, quality assurance or Concept Art.
- Main focus is on the sections of Social Games, Online- and Browser games, Mobile Games, Serious Games, Virtual Reality Games, Edutainment, and E-Learning.
- Due to an excellent expertise in respect of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, App-development as well as Data Analytics, this industry is an innovation driver and interface to Industry 4.0.
Berlin is increasingly developing to become one of the international locations for eSports, one of the strongest growing branches of the Games industry in Germany.
The games industry in Berlin is becoming an increasingly relevant economic factor. Gamescapital.berlin is diverse, innovative, creative and international - just like the city itself.
Funding programme (selection)
- Overview of selected funding instruments for the games industry in Berlin (German)
- Investitionsbank Berlin – Kultur- und Kreativwirtschaft (German)
- GründungsBonus (German)
- GRW programme to improve 'regional business structures'
- Berlin Innovativ
- ProFIT Innovations funding program
- Pro FIT – Frühphasenfinanzierung
- VC Fund
- Medienboard Innovative Audiovisual Content
- Computerspieleförderung des Bundes (German)
- Creative Europe MEDIA Games (German)
- Kreativ-Transfer Games (German)
GRW Funding with Michael Haenisch of Freaks4u Gaming
CoachingBonus with Johanna Janiszewski from Tiny Crocodile Studios and IndieAdvisor André Bernhardt
Innovationsassistent/-in with Ozgür Soner and Paul Wulff
Further information on the topic of funding can be found here.
Networks & associations
- game - Association of the German Games industry
- game - Berlin-Brandenburg (German)
- German E-Sport Association (German)
- games:net berlinbrandenburg
- Gamefest (German)
- German Esports Summit
- Quo Vadis – Games Business Conference Berlin
- Matchmaking Dinner
- AMAZE. / Berlin
- Digital Sports & Entertainment Congress Berlin (German)
- German Computer Games Award (German)
- GameCamp Berlin
- EGX Berlin (German)
- TwitchCon EUROPE
Exhibition booth Berlin-Brandenburg
- Study: Die Computer- und Videospielindustrie in Berlin, Senate Department for Economy, Energy and Public Enterprises / Projekt Zukunft (2017, in German)
- Study: Insights into the Games Industry in Berlin, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology (2018, in German)
- Overview: Game on Berlin: What the city offers for players and professionals, Reason Why Berlin / Berlin Partner for Business and Technology (2021)
- Flyer: Games Industry, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology (2022)
Media, technology and games industry; film & and broadcasting industry
Latest news about Games industry
„The games industry is well equipped to tackle climate change.“
An increasing number of tech-concerns, clothes manufacturers and artists enter a digital parallel world.