The Games industry in Berlin leads the way in Germany with the strongest growth across the country:
- With its about 200 Games enterprises, central associations, institutions and special training locations, the capital has the most concentrated and most diverse Games industry in Germany.
- Traditionally, Berlin is home to a strong developer community, worldwide acting publishers and distributors, numerous Indie-studios as well as, for instance, service providers for advertising, paying systems, musical settings, localising, quality assurance or Concept Art.
- Main focus is on the sections of Social Games, Online- and Browser games, Mobile Games, Serious Games, Virtual Reality Games, Edutainment, and E-Learning.
- Due to an excellent expertise in respect of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, App-development as well as Data Analytics, this industry is an innovation driver and interface to Industry 4.0.
- Berlin is increasingly developing to become one of the international locations for eSports, one of the strongest growing branches of the Games industry in Germany.