„The Venue Berlin“: Plattform for new Musik-Startups
The aim of the initiative is to enable musicians, producers, journalists, students and entrepreneurs to work on new projects. The startups will be supported by the <link http://www.axelspringerplugandplay.com/>Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator</link>.
The Venue Berlin offers
- co-working space in a 300 square metre-loft
- support by Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator, the network and workshops
- 104 years of experience in music journalism by publications such as ROLLING STONE, Musikexpress and Metal Hammer
- 20 radio entrepreneurs
- Stage for music events
- Recording studio for audio and radio productions
- Coffee, beer and of course vinyl.
- Meeting space for music enthusiasts to facilitate exchange
The <link http://www.axelspringerplugandplay.com/apply/> 100 days accelerator programme</link> will start on 15 May.
It is not just large sales volumes and a pool of qualified workers that put Berlin on top of the agenda for the music industry, but also support programmes such as the Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator and the funding schemes offered by the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises. In addition, the physical proximity to clubs and music events will enable music companies to get in on trends as soon as they emerge. Having access to the music scene will also facilitate discovering and marketing new artists.