These are the highlights from this September´s Berlin Fashion Week full of fashion, art and progressive content.
Berlin has developed into an important fashion location in the last 15 years. Fashion stands for zeitgeist and inspiration. Fashion marks belonging and identity, but also individuality. Fashion from Berlin is as diverse, authentic and cosmopolitan as the Berliners themselves. Fashion thrives on the exchange of creative disciplines and is a good barometer for current issues. The fashion industry is an important economic factor at the location.
Figures on the fashion industry in Berlin (Status 2021)
- 4,800 companies are active in the fashion sector in the capital.
- The fashion industry in Berlin generated around 5 billion euros in sales.
- 25,500 employees working in the fashion industry in Berlin.
How is fashion promoted in Berlin?
The senate administration has a future project through its state initiative
has made a significant contribution to the development of the fashion industry and the fashion week at the location with grants and orders well over 20 million euros since 2007. In addition to the funding for the Berlin Fashion Week, joint presentations for the Paris Fashion Week as well as workshops and coaching services are supported in cooperation with the Fashion Council Germany.
Fashion related funding programs
Concept competition January 2023
Fashion show slots for Berlin fashion labels during Berlin Fashion Week
Poster campaigns (Berlin) and advertisements (national/international) as part of Berlin Fashion Week
Berlin Showroom - joint presentations of Berlin fashion labels for Paris Fashion Week
Digitization of business processes at fashion companies #DigitalFashionFuture.
A digital map lists over 100 Berlin designers and fashion labels with website as well as ordering and pick-up options. The Berlin Showroom Map can be found here.
In addition to immediate and bridging support, additional loans for Berlin fashion labels with a total volume of one million euros have been made available
Selection of suitable funding programs
- Within the scope of the Design Transfer Bonus-Programme co-operations with enterprises can be subsidised with up to 15,000 Euros
- Unbureaucratic micro loans from the Investitionsbank Berlin up to 25,000 Euros
- Coaching services of the Coaching Bonus programme
- Loan programmes such as the Berlin Kredit Innovativ programme
- Participations of the VC Fonds Kreativwirtschaft
Which fashion events take place in Berlin?
At Berlin Fashion Week, twice a year, creative professionals, buyers as well as media representatives meet to be inspired by current trends and to develop business contacts. Berlin Fashion Week will take place from January 16 to 21, 2023. The program includes fashion shows, fashion fairs, exhibitions, fashion installations, panels and talks as well as numerous side events for trade visitors and fashion enthusiasts by hip national and international designers, new design talents, established premium fashion brands and relevant key players. During Berlin Fashion Week, the formats focus on Berlin's key themes of sustainability, cross-culture, digitalization and diversity.
Events taking place at Berlin Fashion Week in January 2023 are:
- Modemessen Premium/ SEEK, Messe Berlin
- 202030 - The Berlin Fashion Summit
- Der Berliner Salon, Kantgaragen
- newEst Plattform for sustainable fashion, Kantgaragen
- VORN Fashion Show
- W.E4Fashion Day (Kilian Kerner, Rebecca Ruetz, Marcel Ostertag, Danny Reinke), Kühlhaus
- Melagance Showroom/ Order Festival
- Diversity Festival, Platte Berlin
- Studio 183 with an upcycling conference
- Acceptence Letter Studio
- Dennis Chuene
- Esther Perbandt
- Jean Gritsfeldt
- LML Studio
- Lou de Bétoly
- Malaika Raiss
- Olivia Ballard
- RIANNA + NINA
- Sia Arnika
Alle Veranstaltungen sowie News zur Modewoche finden Sie auf der Website der Berlin Fashion Week.
You will find all fashion events in Berlin as well as news on the Berlin Fashion Week website.
Networks and initiatives
- Fashion Hub
- Fashion Week Berlin Website
- Berlin Showroom
- Berlin Poland
- Gesamtverband der deutschen Textil- und Modeindustrie e. V.
- Fashion Council Germany
- Verein Berliner Designer
- WearIt Festival
Campaign video Berlin Fashion Week 2021
Creative and Media Industry/Projekt Zukunft
Fashion, Design, art industry and women empowerment
Latest News about Fashion Industry
Digital technologies made in Berlin overcome physical barriers.
Many companies in Berlin are paving the way to a sustainable (circular) economy.