With a new focus, Berlin Fashion Week started 2021 in a stronger position.
In January 2021, the various formats could only take place digitally due to the pandemic. From September 6 to 12, more than 10 larger formats will follow live and with numerous networking events.
Figures on the fashion industry in Berlin (January 2020)
- About 3,100 enterprises are working in the capital’s fashion industry.
- About 6,3 billion Euros turnover were achieved by the fashion industry in Berlin.
- 25,400 employees working in the fashion industry in Berlin.
How is fashion promoted in Berlin?
Since 2017 the country of Berlin has contributed more than 10 million Euros (amongst others without IBB-loan programmes), funds, participations and active support to advance the development of the fashion industry in Berlin and the Berlin Fashion Week. Following start-up finances for the platforms, focus is now - amongst others - on possibilities of presentation within the scope of the Berlin Fashion Week, joint presentations at Paris Fashion Week, and support for fashion labels through workshops and coaching services in cooperation with the Fashion Council Germany.
Fashion related, also corona-related funding programs
- For the realignment of Berlin Fashion Week, the state will provide 3.5 million euros for 2021 alone.
- Fashion Positions as part of Berlin Art Week is to be continued as a presentation platform in 2021. Around 20 Berlin fashion labels will be represented there.
- With a further 100,000 euros, the state is supporting the digitization of business processes at fashion labels as part of the # DigitalFashionFuture project.
- A digital map lists around 100 Berlin designers and fashion labels with website/order and pick-up options. The Berlin Showroom Map, a cooperation between the Senate Department for Economic Affairs, Energy and Enterprises in cooperation and the Berlin Showroom - can be found here.
Further funding programs
- Fashion show slots for Berlin fashion labels within the scope of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week as well as the Berliner Salon, annually supported by SenWEB/Projekt Zukunft
- Berlin Showroom - joint presentations abroad (each within the framework of Paris Fashion Week)
- Poster campaigns (Berlin) and advertisements (national/international) within the framework of Berlin Fashion Week
Selection of suitable funding programs
- Within the scope of the Design Transfer Bonus-Programme co-operations with enterprises can be subsidised with up to 15,000 Euros
- Unbureaucratic micro loans from the Investitionsbank Berlin up to 25,000 Euros
- Coaching services of the Coaching Bonus programme
- Loan programmes such as the Berlin Kredit Innovativ programme
- Participations of the VC Fonds Kreativwirtschaft
Which fashion events take place in Berlin?
Twice a year creative professionals, buyers as well as media representatives meet at the Berlin Fashion Week to be inspired by current trends. In September 2021, proven highlights such as the runway shows of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and About You Fashion Week meet crossover formats such as the Reference Festival as well as the Berlin Berlin campaign by Highsnobiety.
The programs bridge the gap between contemporary fashion and various creative genres and ensure high media visibility with analog and digital formats. Berlin stands for sustainability in action.
We focus on what Berlin stands for worldwide: subculture, fashion, music and art.
The Berlin Fashion Week in September 2021 will feature, among others:
- Joint reception for Berlin Fashion Week
- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
- Der Berliner Salon
- Fashion Open Studio, Berlin
- Fashion Open Studio x MBFW
- Berlin Berlin Kampagne, Highsnobiety
- Reference Festival
- 202030 - The Berlin Fashion Summit
- Neo Fashion Graduate Shows
- Berlin Fashion Network Retail & Studios
- Fashion Positions
- Numerous receptions, including the Fireside Chat of the Fashion Council Germany and publishing houses.
You will find all fashion events in Berlin as well as news on the Berlin Fashion Week website.
The dates of the Berlin Fashion Week September 2021:
The upcoming dates will be published for fashion week in September 2021.